Our intent is to invest in people, ideas and effective organisations who, through their work, serve to strengthen society.
· To influence nationally and implement locally (Munster).
· To focus on addressing the root cause of problems.
· To interweave arts, culture and creativity within our work in order to achieve greater impact.
· To provide project, core and multi-annual funding directed at achieving specific outcomes.
· To work with others, to collaborate and co-fund, to build partnerships that will strengthen social impact and philanthropy in Ireland.
Achieve systemic change, or, at a minimum, the achievements live on after the funding has finished. The Trust ‘invests’ in an organisation’s capacity to effect on-going change.
Catalyse and accelerate
Make things happen that would not have happened otherwise or in a faster timeframe.
Work in partnership with NGOs and other funders to increase impact, and maximise leverage and synergies.
Seek financial and/or in-kind leverage (recognise the value of volunteer effort).
Ensure that where the Trust invests, it is adding value, not just money.